Sensor Based Spectrum Monitoring System for Defense & Security
LS OBSERVER provides the forces with unprecedented electromagnetic spectrum surveillance data collection, storage and analysis capabilities. The system consists of a central management unit, software for detailed analysis of spectrum surveillance data and various remote monitoring units (RMUs).
Ruggedized mobile, portable, transportable, fixed and airborne monitoring units are available.
Our Services for Defense & Security
LS telcom can integrate these measurement units on all kinds of platforms:
Naval and maritime units
Aircrafts, drones and UAVs
Shelterized electronic warfare operation centers (EWOC)
How does LS OBSERVER sensor based monitoring system work?
The remote monitoring units (RMU) permanently monitor and record the entire frequency spectrum.
The data measured by the RMU is compressed and stored locally in the device. The operator can access the data locally or from the central control unit. The data transmission between the remote unit and the Central Control Unit requires only limited bandwidth. Advanced filter functionality allows for selective and fast access to the required subset of the data.
With the support of direction finding techniques, such as Time- Difference-of-Arrival (TDOA), Power-Difference-of-Arrival (PDoA) or Angle-of-Arrival (AoA) the operator can spot the location of illegal and enemy transmitters.
The forces use the spectrum monitoring and surveillance system LS OBSERVER for:
- Border Surveillance
- Protection and control of critical sites and areas (military bases, ports/airports, critical government sites and public places)
- Maritime security
- Spectrum Operations Planning
- Electronic Warfare Operation
- EMF measurements
Why use LS OBSERVER?
…because the system monitors and stores all the measured spectrum data to:
- Detect illegal and enemy transmission
- Create spectrum situational awareness in the area of operations
- Compare measured data with spectrum data in the master database
- Establish spectrum superiority
- Support efficient spectrum management and spectrum allocation for the forces
- Protect critical sites
- Detect interference to critical networks
- Detect whitespaces