Indoor Coverage / Realizing In-Building and Tunnel Coverage
Indoor coverage planning for Critical Communications is highly demanding
Mobile networks for security applications in particular have to be available indoor as well as outdoor. The coordination of action forces requires smooth communication in buildings, too. In addition to the area-wide outdoor network, radio network coverage has to be available in tunnel systems, railway and underground stations, airports, shopping centers, production sites and other large buildings.
Depending on the kind of building and the distance to the next base station a complete coverage ’from outside’ is not possible. In this case, custom tailored and optimized indoor radio systems are necessary, which have to be individually planned, designed and implemented for each individual building type and premises.
Only a detailed and high-quality planning and design concept will guarantee optimal indoor coverage and the best possible integration with the outdoor network.
Benefit from our know-how
We support you during all phases of your indoor network planning and implementation project and answer all the questions you may have.
- Basic evaluation
- Definition of requirements
- Capture of existing infrastructure
- Design of indoor coverage
- Development of redundancy concepts
- Basic design
- Development of link budget and signal plans
- Dimensioning of the radio equipment and DAS (distributed antenna system)
- Dimensioning of the coverage system
- Detailed planning
- Cost assignment and estimation
- Support in the procurement process
- Technical specifications
- Creation of tender documents
- Management of bids
- Evaluation of bids
- Proposals for assignment
- Project management
- Surveillance of network infrastructure construction
- Support during network roll out
- System integration and commissioning
- Project documentation
We also develop urban and regional concepts for indoor and outdoor PMR/TETRA radio coverage of entire cities and regions.
- Identification of technical and organizational constraints
- Identification of different entities to be equipped with indoor radio and classification according to different indoor coverage types
- Checking of different connection modes for the indoor radio system
- Connection of indoor system to the most appropriate base station